Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Should Blog at 10 PM

I have mild writer's block. Its not the most severe case I've ever had, but when I go to write something its just...not there. I can still pound out a few lines here and there, write about a field trip or my growing dude, but I haven't felt like really telling a story like I know I can. And I won't force it. I'm not going to try to record a funny anecdote if its a struggle, I'll just wait it out till I feel like doing it again.

My only problem with it is that I want to record things. I forget everything, its nice to write it down somewhere so I can come back later and read about it. I have pictures and junk to put down, but I am easily distracted and if the carpet needs vacuumed I forget what I was doing and vacuum instead.

At night, right when I'm laying down to go to sleep, I have TONS of ideas. I mentally write out the introductions to hilarious blogs and stories. Then I fall asleep, and when I wake up with Witten asleep in my armpit and no clue how he got there, I cannot for the life of me remember what the heck I was thinking of writing about the night before. I can barely remember my own name, much less a funny story I wanted to write about.

I'm hoping to cure this lack of inspiration with the end of the school year. Maybe I'll have more time? Yeah right, I'll still have 3 kids and a house to clean and hair to wash and meals to cook. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails