Starting with my Alana-bana, this is what is happening 'round these parts:
- She. Can. Read. It amazes me, this ordinary thing we all take for granted. I guess at some point we all learned to do it, but it still surprised me when she reads me an entire book. She is smart and a good student, and dammit my kindergartener can read. Is nothing sacred?!!!
- Coloring, its kind of her thing. She draws, she paints, she colors, she writes crap on paper to give to people. Call it what you will, she is a masterpiece factory.
- Friendliness is her middle name. Well, not literally, its actually Lily. But you now, she is one happy-go-lucky girl. Everyone is her friend and she is nice to everyone. I don't quite understand it, but she sees the good in people. She is my sweet lady.
- Baby fever. But not our baby. Witten is now old news, since Alana has a new cousin. She made him cards and drawings, incessantly asked when she could see him, and told everyone she met about him. She likes 'em young I guess, 8 month old babies aren't as fun, they pull your hair and chew up your homework.
- Playing, morning, noon & night. Playing must be happening if there is time in the day. I'd like to say that the playing never includes fights with Ava over dumb things, but that would be a lie. They still play though, debates over Barbie clothes and all.