Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Milestones: Five Months Old


I'm fairly certain that this dude is intentionally growing up fast just to make me crazy. I mean come on, five months already? That's ridiculous. His sweet chubby baby face is the highlight of my day, everyday. His little baby hands and feet are still so cute and kissable, he needs to stop growing so I can cuddle him more!

Witten is sweet and happy, easy going and lovable. He is always quick to smile (though clearly not in these pictures, he was playing hard to get) and is a little baby momma's boy. If you had asked me last year if I wanted a boy or another little girl, I would've lied and said I didn't care. But secretly, a little part of me wanted another girl. Girls were what I knew, they were familiar. It took some getting used to the very idea of a boy and all of the sports stuff and monkeys on all of his clothes. But now I'm used to it and this boy has stolen my heart. This boy who I love dressing in stripes almost daily is a light in my life that I didn't even know that I needed. He looks up at me with such joy and gets so excited at the prospect of me picking him up. I wouldn't trade his chubby boy thighs and striped wardrobe for a million little girl hair bows and tights.

My chubs boy weighs in at 16 lbs 6 oz and 25 inches tall. He doesn't look that heavy, but he feels that heavy. He is just solid, I think he works out. He is a baby linebacker. He has the most perfect baby lips and he is the handsomest dude around.

With the girls I was really eager to feed them solid foods. Make them grow up faster, but with him I barely gave him some sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving. No rush. He seems to like the handful of foods I've given him, which is just pears, sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, and oatmeal. I've also decided that I would rather feed him homemade baby food, because fresh food just tastes better. I'm basing this opinion on the stark contrast between canned and fresh asparagus. One is inedible, the other delicious. I personally would rather have freshly cooked food anyday, and since I already have fruits and veggies at my house to feed everyone else, its cheaper to just puree some of them and give them to my dude.

My dude has discovered the many uses of hands this last month. He grabs whatever you hand him and shoves it into his mouth because he likes to slobber on everything. He also loves laying on the floor with his bratty sisters and watching cartoons. I don't even point him towards the TV, he uses his feet to turn himself wherever he wants to look while he's on the carpet. Its like back crawling, a mode of transportation for determined babies.

I have an endless supply of kisses and hugs for this boy, because I know someday he won't want kisses and hugs from his mommy. I want to hold him all day everyday, but stupid life and laundry and the need to pee make me put him down. Oh this dude of mine, he's so cute. Now I have to stop typing so I can go pick him up and squish his chubby cheeks.



1 comment:

Brian and Janette said...

I know I ALWAYS say it, but I think you can now understand....BOYS ARE AWESOME!! I know that girls are, too...it's just that there's a special place in a mother's heart that only boys can reach. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails