- Alana was my brave girl and went on lots of new rides that she was tall enough for, including Splash Mountain. She got so wet that I had to change her entire outfit, but for some reason I didn't have extra socks or underwear for her so she went commando till we went back to our room later.
- Ava was so much better this time than in February. She loved every minute of Disneyland and kept me company when Alana and David went on rides without us.
- I still find it crazy that people line up to watch the parade 3 hours before it starts. That's kind of excessive.
- The entryway to California Adventure is so torn up and unrecognizable that I'm glad the construction should be finally done before we go back again. Walking all the way around through a service corridor is a pain in the butt.
- I don't care if its sixty degrees outside, I still love soft serve chocolate vanilla swirl cones. They are a good dessert after a big bowl of clam chowder. I love Disneyland food.
- Ava was hesitant about the characters at first, but she came around. No tears this time. It helped that her big sister was so brave.
- Best Western right across the street was not only a better deal than the Disneyland hotels we stayed in the last two years, it had free parking and was a shorter walk. Its right at the crosswalk by the shuttle station, which was way shorter than walking all the way through Downtown Disney to get to the Disneyland hotel. And the room was bigger. And had better water pressure. And we parked right in front of our room, for free. No $20 a night to park half a mile away. We will stay there again.
- If your 2 year old throws up on the way there, wash her clothes immediately. If you leave them the whole week in a bag and pretend they don't exist, they will be ruined. Now I know.
- I hate paying a ton for a bottle of water, but that didn't keep me from forgetting extra waters almost every time we went into the park.
- The Christmas parade is awesome and worth watching. Still wish I had gotten to watch the fireworks from inside the park, instead of in front of Denny's by our hotel RIGHT after we left.
- A sit and stand stroller containing a 5 and 2 year old is heavy. And hard to push. Especially through tight spaces. That's what strong husbands are for. They will also hold your bag sometimes if you carry a messenger bag rather than a purse.
- Get in line to see the fairies right when Pixie Hollow opens, cause that line can take forever. It may look short, but its not. We went there right at 9 when it opened and there was only one person in front of us. It was such a short wait!
- Disneyland is far from restful, but its fun and magical to see through your children's eyes, and will make you feel like a kid again. Every time, without fail.
|Food is the best way to occupy kids while waiting for a parade. Popcorn and cotton candy work for us!|
|Alana loves the Minnie Breakfast, hugs for everyone. Ava was less convinced.|
|We always have to ride the carousel. Always.|
|Dug and Jake. Ava was getting braver! She had just met them and she loved them.|
|More hugs from characters.|
|Flynn's smolder could use more work. He sort of looks crazy or something. But Rapunzel is a big favorite, so we had to see her, of course.|