Sunday, July 10, 2011

Studious

Tomorrow is the first day of my summer classes. Who needs an actual summer vacation, when you can have half of one? I'm taking two five week classes, and they're both three credits each, so I'm sure they'll be super condensed and fast-paced.

Sociology should be okay, and David is taking it next semester so he doesn't have to buy the book. I think to be fair he should pay me for it, since my pell grant bought this copy. I'll accept other forms of payment, such as housework.

Writing should be a cakewalk, in theory, except I'm faced with my current case of summertime writer's block. Somedays words flow so easily from my fingers, while other days I stare at the screen blankly, with zero inspiration. Alana's very loud off-key singing is one of the factors, but I'm mostly blaming the cold I've been fighting for two plus weeks. I've felt crappy, and crappy translates to no writing, which means I don't feel like blogging.

I'm almost tentatively marginally excited to take a writing class. Writing is easy for me. Or maybe it's just that I'm so happy to not be taking any math classes. I'm done with math. Hooray! No more algebra, until I take chemistry, which will inevitably include some math. Sad.

The past month and a half, when I've had no homework or anything to occupy my time, I've been kind of lost. My kids play together so nicely most of the time, so there's times when I could be doing something productive, but I have nothing to do. I need a hobby. So now that I have something with purpose to occupy my time, I will probably suddenly become super busy and wondering how I will accomplish things. At least that will make the hot sticky months of summer go by a little bit faster. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll earn a couple of A's!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails