Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reflections

I've noticed a pattern in my blog writing. I almost always dedicate my last paragraph, or at least last couple of lines, to some sort of statement of my opinion. I take a moment to remark on what I've just said. Say something about how I can't change it, or how I should appreciate something while I still can.


Maybe I watch too much TV, and in some of those TV shows they do the same thing. I can think of a couple of instances where that is the case, but I don't think that's why I do it. Besides, most of my TV watching is done between the hours of 6 am - 8 am, where its just me and Ava awake. Once Alana gets up I change the channel to cartoons. Who can concentrate on a TV show with a 3 year asking to watch Spongebob? The only TV I watch at night is with David, and that mostly consists of some sitcoms and American Idol. Then he watches MSNBC while I take a bath, or we watch a rerun of The Colbert Report or Daily Show. Yeah, that's probably not why I do it.


Maybe I'm just a corny person, so therefore whatever I write is corny too. I hope it doesn't come across as too cheesy, but I'm not someone who over thinks stuff too much. Like when I'm taking a test, if I don't know an answer, I don't dwell on it. You're not gonna know the answer in five minutes from now, so why waste your time.


But back to the subject at hand. Why do I need to reflect on what I've just said? Do I think my blog needs some sort of conclusion that ties it all together? Maybe. Maybe not. But its a habit I've developed and I'm not giving it that much thought. If you don't like it don't read my blog. At the end of the day most of my blog readers are probably my family anyway, and they already think I'm awesome. Who can blame them? I am.

**I sort of did it again, I just can't help myself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails