Friday, March 19, 2010

Favorite banana muffins

We are currently OBSESSED with these muffins. I've made them at least 4 times in the past week and a half. I only like bananas that have ZERO brown spots on them, so we always have leftover overripe bananas laying around the kitchen. I love to look for recipes on www.allrecipes.com. They have recipes for everything and reviews from people who made them saying whether they're good or not, or what to add to make it a little better. I doctored the recipe a little bit until I liked it. I added honey and cinnamon; and I make them in jumbo muffin cups, but you could make them in any size.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour              3 large bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon baking powder                3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda                   1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt                           1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon                    2 tablespoons honey
                                                   1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350. Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
I prefer to use non-stick spray because it makes the outside of the muffin a tiny bit crunchy, which I love.
Stir together dry ingredients; set aside.
I don't like banana chunks so I pre-mix the bananas with my mixer, just till they are smooth.
Combine bananas, sugar, egg, butter, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix just until smooth. Don't overmix, it won't do anything but harm.
Scoop into muffin pans.
Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, regular muffins about 15 minutes, and jumbo muffins about 20 minutes.
Muffin tops will spring back when lightly tapped.
Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. You can eat them warm or cool.
I like them better when they've cooled off a little bit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails