Monday, December 9, 2013

Happy Football Day

If we're being perfectly honest here, the only things we care about on Thanksgiving at our house are football and food. David is Team Football, I am Team Food. He cares about the Cowboys winning, I care about eating pie. Its a nice balance, and it has served us well over the years.


When it comes to Alana on Thanksgiving  Football Day, she cares about both football and food, but more about playing. Playing outside, and playing with whatever cousins are around. Playing is number one for her.




Ava also cares about playing, but I think she's more grateful for pie than Alana is. She gets that from me.



I think my girls are more thankful for each other than either one of them is willing to admit. Don't tell them I know...

Witten is only on his second Thanksgiving, so he is still trying to figure out what all the fuss is about. He likes football, because he is a man, but he also enjoys eating pie when the time comes. After he is done with those activities, playing outside is next on his list.








David always watches the Cowboys play on Thanksgiving. There is no getting around it, it is going to happen. He always wears a jersey too, its like his own personal tradition. He has to represent his team ;)
I have two priorities on Thanksgiving: pie and pictures. On holidays I'm kind of insistent on taking a family picture. You can't fight it children, its going to happen. David has his Cowboys to watch, I have my picture to take. Nobody can stop me.

Although Facebook and the incessant "thankful" posts drive me crazy the entire month of November, I really am grateful for everything I have. I have 3 healthy and bratty kids, a husband who takes care of me, a house with air conditioning and a dishwasher (I love those things), and everything I might need and more. Except pie. I need more pie in my life. I guess I'll have to do something about that...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails