Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Same Post as Yesterday, But With a Different Kid

Yesterday my little dude turned 7 weeks old. Normally this is the point in my post where I ramble on about babies growing up too fast and he was just born yesterday and I'm sad that he is growing up so fast. But I'm gonna spare you all of that. Its still true. I still feel that way. But yesterday was Ava's birthday and I said all of that in the post about her. All that aside, my dude is growing too quickly.

He is 7 weeks old and weighs 11 lbs 3 oz and is 21 inches long. So he's definitely a growing boy. He stills wears newborn size clothes, but they are starting to get too short for his torso. Size 0-3 months are still kind of big on him though, so he's somewhere in between in some awkward stage.

He is smiling all the time now, especially when he has just woken up and I'm holding him. Then he really hams it up. He's a pretty good sleeper right now, and some of his naps coincide with taking Alana to/from school. He typically wakes up 3-4 times a night, but last night he was feeling generous and only woke up twice, once around 12:30 and then again at 4.

People are always asking me about his nighttime sleep habits, but for the most part I don't really remember much. I'm half asleep the whole time. He wakes up, I feed him and put him back in his bouncer seat and then immediately fall back asleep without a second glance. If I don't turn the TV on I can't even manage to stay awake through feeding him. I'll wake up like an hour later still holding him. It's all a blur. The other night I fell asleep on the couch while watching TV with David. I don't remember falling asleep. I don't remember what time it was. I woke up about midnight with Witten asleep on my chest, but I have zero memory of picking him up. I know I wasn't holding him when I went to sleep, so at some point he must've stirred and I just picked him up and held him so he'd go back to sleep, but never in that process did I process what I was doing.

He's a good natured and sweet boy and I consider myself lucky that all of my kids have been fairly easy babies. Even Alana, who wanted to be held more than the other two. She's my first born, its not like I was doing anything else anyway. All of the sleep deprivation suddenly seems more worth it when babies learn to smile, and now that he gives me bunches of love and hugs and smiles all the time I love him even more, which was previously thought impossible. I think he's gonna be in a hurry to be a big kid like his sisters, but I'm going to do my best to keep him my baby as long as possible. I just have to convince him of that.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails