Friday, July 27, 2012

Milestones: One Month Old

Witten turned one month old yesterday, but with all the sadness and craziness around Alana going to school I waited till today to document it. Of course I am sad, how did he get to be this old already. The last month flew by, and it simultaneously feels like I had him yesterday and several years ago.

I know he has grown some, because he just feels a little heavier. He still wears newborn clothes though, and the 0-3 months shorts that I put on him this morning are giant on him, especially around his skinny little baby legs. He has wild fuzzy hair that I have to wash almost every day, due to the appeal of touching it that seems to affect anyone who holds him. Seriously everyone touches his hair, so then it gets all greasy from their hands and I have to wash it.

He wakes up 3 times a night, and mostly just eats and goes back to sleep. A couple of times he has woken back up right after I put him down, due to a pesky case of the hiccups. When that happens he gets mad at them and to teach them a lesson he stays up for about an hour and I watch The Hills at 4 am to try to stay awake. He is nice enough to sleep for about a 5 or 6 hour stretch every night though, usually from about 7 or 8 till 12 or 1. Too bad a large chunk of that time happens to be when I'm still awake. I'm gonna have to go to bed at 8 pm so I can get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

He is a sweet boy, but if you anger him he will let you know. And then he will scowl at you like its nobody's business. I can already tell he is going to be a major mama's boy, because he clearly prefers me. I don't mind that, especially if he's my last baby. And I'm the one with the milk, so of course he is gonna like me best. Not to mention that I'm clearly awesome.

I don't mind the sleepness nights, especially because they aren't that sleepless and it's the one time when it's just me and him, with him snuggling up on my chest and giving me lots of love. I'm in no hurry for him to roll over/sit up/crawl/walk/etc because I'm am far too aware that all of those things just lead to kindergarten, and that I'm not ready for.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails