Saturday, June 9, 2012

It's Raining Ants

Every time I went to my kitchen sink in the past day there were ants in it. They seemed to be appearing from nowhere. I stared at the sink and couldn't figure out where they were coming from. I would wipe it clean and come back and there would be 5 ants crawling around looking for stuff. I sprayed vinegar and every other remedy known to man, yet there were ants.

So I set up a sting operation. I thought maybe the ants were coming through the drain, so I plugged up the sink and filled it with water. But then I walked away for a second and came back and there were five ants in it. Unless they had scuba gear they couldn't have swam there. So Alana and I sat and literally stared at the sink full of water, and ants were just appearing in it as if from nowhere. Then I looked up. There is a hole where a cord is run through the cupboards above to hang a light above the sink. Ants were jumping through it kamikaze style. Look out below, I'm in search of stray crumbs!

Although I'm 36 weeks pregnant I can't just let ants crawl around my kitchen like they own the place. So I climbed onto a chair, then onto the counter to inspect the tops of the cupboards. This is where a literal ant fiesta was going on. There was a conga line of them parading in through a hole in the wall where the genius who installed the light above the sink ran the wiring. It was plugged with steel wool because mice hate steel wool, but ants apparently are indifferent about it. So then I had to lug all my sprays and vinegar and cinnamon and every other thing the internet told me to use to the top of the cabinets to kill the ant party.

Hopefully now the ants will stop parachuting into my sink and stay out of my upper cabinets, because cleaning every piece of tupperware I own at 8 am on a Saturday isn't my idea of a good time. And ants are a real pain in the butt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails