Monday, June 11, 2012

Be prepared

I'm at the point in my pregnancy where I could in theory have a baby on any day. Especially with my imagination creating these scenarios where I go to the doctor and there is some crazy circumstance right then and they decide to induce me that day. In these scenarios I have no bag packed, both of my kids are with me abs David is at work.

Another scary circumstance I'd like to avoid: I don't have my camera with me. Scary right?

I realize that the likelihood of this actually happening is pretty small. But my subconscious doesn't accept this so I always have these crazy dreams involving weird labor situations. It didn't help that last week I had lunch with a friend who got induced after her 38 week appointment. She had no bag packed and had to call her husband to pack it for her and then drive up to the hospital. Having David pack my bag for me is not my ideal situation, but all I really care about is my camera.

Living almost an hour from the hospital is what complicates things. He can't just run over to labor and delivery real quick. He'd pretty much have to hitchhike since we only have one car and I would have it.

So to lessen the possibility of forgetting things at home or having my husband pack my things I think I'll take the extra step and keep a bag in my trunk whenever I go to the doctor. That way the only thing I'm not bringing with me is David. He can worry about packing himself, I'll bring the camera.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm also 36 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and I haven't packed bags yet, either. I guess it's something I should get around to this week. But yes, I think I'll start bringing a fully charged camera with me at my next appointments. :)

Jennifer said...

Yeah I can live without my toothbrush but my camera is a necessity.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails