Friday, February 10, 2012

Pregnant Enough

There is a point in pregnancy when you do not appear pregnant to the outside world. You know you're pregnant, and that there is a reason that you're buying Sour Patch Watermelons, Hostess cupcakes and Ben & Jerry's all in one purchase, with nothing else. There is a logical reason for it. Don't look at me funny judgmental Walmart cashier!

Then there is a point that you start to look pregnant, which happens earlier and earlier with each baby, so that when you're having baby number 3, like myself, you look pregnant way earlier than you ever have. For awhile it just looks like you've been eating too many doughnuts. There is something there, but its not pronounced enough for people to assume its a growing baby, they instead think that its a growing gut.

When I was pregnant with Alana I did not look pregnant with clothes on anyway until I was about 22 weeks. Then with Ava it was probably 20. Now with this one I look pregnant, and I have for a couple of weeks. Towards the end of the day I look more and more pregnant. Its crazy.

I'm pregnant enough that strangers can tell from one look that I'm pregnant.

I'm pregnant enough that I'm starting to field the questions of When are you due? Do you know what you're having? from people that I don't know.

I'm pregnant enough that I don't care for standing for long periods of time, cause its just not comfortable.

I'm pregnant enough that sleeping on my stomach is kind of awkward. Not impossible yet, but still weird.

I'm pregnant enough that on Thursday we will know what we are having. Blue or pink. X or y. Boy or girl.

I'm pregnant enough that my belly works as a handy shelf for holding two year olds.





2 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Pregnant enough and cute as a button!

Jennifer said...

Thanks! I don't feel that cute when I bend over to get something, you know how that goes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails