Monday, August 15, 2011

Terribly Two

It is official, this little person is 2! She is so sweet and cuddly, and I'm so lucky to have her.

We celebrated Saturday with cake and ice cream, plus presents. Ava is my shy girl, so I got the feeling she was ready for everyone to go home about 5 minutes after they got there. Thanks for coming, now I'd like to watch cartoons by myself thanks! Pre-party I actually took a poll of who she would like to invite, and the only yes answers were for her cousin Brinley and my sister Nicole, who had to bring Brinley. Everyone else was a party crasher.

I didn't get any good pics at the party cause Ava was literally glued to my leg, she wouldn't even let me put her in a chair by herself to sing Happy Birthday. I had to hold her and hand over my camera and creative control. She was not a fan of the singing process, because 20 people were staring at her and she got shy. This is shown in the pictures. One mad, shy, grouchy lady. She looked so unhappy in the pics that I gave her some cake yesterday on her actual birthday, with a candle and an awesome version of Happy Birthday sung by Alana. It was my do-over.

She got lots of presents, but her favorites were of course the toys. My favorite was the cash. What can I say, I love a good envelope of cash.

Then we had to return a couple of things, cause we got some stuff we already had. Word on the street is that I return presents. That I return tons of the stuff that my kids get. Not just a couple, but like everything. I'd like to clarify. Defend my good name. Set the record straight.

I take stuff back. Not everything, but stuff that we have no use for. We got a copy of the movie Rio, which we already had. So we took it back. We got a bed tent for a twin size bed, but we do not own a twin size bed. We got two of the same dress, but neither had tags, so we kept both. I only return stuff that we can't use, and instead get her new toys that she can doesn't already have. She got a Littlest Pet Shop remote conttol car that is so annoying, but she and Alana both think it is super fun.

I'm not some crazy lady who just returns everything to get Walmart store credit. I only return stuff we absolutely will not use. I don't think that is rude, but sorry if people get offended.

Enough about that, let's get back to the birthday stuff. Ava is officially two. I love her. Now look at pictures of her. Thanks.
Cake re-do. She liked it better when it was just us. She actually sort of smiled.




































Red velvet cake. Cream cheese frosting. I accidentally doubled the butter in my frosting and didn't realize it till later. It was extremely delicious.

She looks grouchy in these. That is why we had a re-do. I can't believe she is two!

3 comments:

Sey said...

Happy Birthday to Ava. She's so cute!

Nikki Darlin' said...

AWW happy birthday little lady!

Joanna Marie said...

She is so adorable! Happy 2nd birthday to Ava! :-D

(And I totally return gifts to the store. Without remorse. :-P)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails