Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to Reality

My Christmas break is over. Blah. Now I have to start doing homework again. The good news is that I'm only taking two classes this semester and one of them should be cake.

I have to take my second and final math class, which I'm taking online and not looking forward to. The tests and homework I'm okay with, but are discussions really necessary for a math class?

My other class, which didn't require the purchase of a textbook and should be easy, is a humanities class about religion in pop culture. We mostly have online discussions about designated religious topics, but we also have to watch movies and determine the religious influence over them. Most of them I've seen, like Signs or The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and those ones I like. I'm dreading having to sit through the Matrix again, because well, I hate it. I don't care if Neo chooses the red or blue pill. I just want the dumb movie to be over.

My goal for right now is to get really far ahead so that I don't have to do any real homework while we're on vacation. I might have to post on the discussion forums, but since David got me a laptop for Christmas and our hotel has free wi-fi, I can do those while on vacation, but only if I absolutely have to.

As an added bonus to these discussions I do not have to cite references. This makes me happy beyond words, because my psych class last semester I had to cite two references per post and each of the eight discussions had four posts. It was a pain in my butt.

As much as I didn't want this semester to start, I'm not dreading it too bad. I won't have a huge amount of work like with my four classes last semester and I don't actually have to go anywhere. I can do all my work from the comfort of my own home, in my pajamas, which is my preferred method of doing things. I'd be writing this wearing pajamas if it weren't for the dance off that I attended and lost at my sister's house this morning. I need to squeeze in some practice on the Kinect in between assignments, so that I don't get my butt kicked again. Until then, I'm the dance off runner-up.

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

You're gonna hate me.... I've never seen the Matrix.... lol... i've never had a desire to... lol

I hope you are able to get ahead on your homework while preparing for the your Dance Off Battle!! I know you'll win the next time!

Jennifer said...

I saw the Matrix on a date in high school and it was a really late movie and I fell asleep. So ever since then I've hated it because I was SO bored. And David has made me watch both sequels and I hate them too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails