Monday, November 29, 2010

Livin' the Dream

I never realized how glamorous being a mom is. I mean, what other job do you get to change two dirty diapers in a row, clean up Dorito puke, then untangle a slinky? Not to mention the countless hours of my life I've gotten to spend watching cartoons. Just this morning we watched 3 episodes of Wow Wow Wubbzy, James and the Giant Peach and G-Force. G-Force might possibly be Zach Galifinakis's best movie so far.

What non-parents don't realize is that in between the diapers and puke and annoying cartoons are complete, perfect moments that make everything worth it. I'd clean up Ava's Dorito puke twenty times in exchange for one sweet baby hug where she lays her chubby cheek down on my shoulder. And I'll untangle Alana's slinky everyday for the rest of my life as long as its always followed by a high-pitched and squeaky I love you Mommy!

Being a mom is worth the breaking up fights over a Woody doll, watching Dora, wiping snotty noses, sacrificing sleep, stretch marks, and even the dreaded Dorito puke. They cry and have the stinkiest butts in the world, but I still think they're okay. At the end of the day I have two ladies who I love, and they don't come without boogers. I was hoping they would, but no such luck.

1 comment:

Nikki Darlin' said...

Nothing like a sweet baby hug.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails