Saturday, June 5, 2010

Free movies!


Our Friday night was spent sitting in the grass, watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, for free! All it cost me was $10 I used to buy ingredients for a double batch of Cinnamon Bun Popcorn. Which was totally worth it!

Then we set out to find a spot on the football field, get some free popcorn, take pictures with the Cox Cable robot guy (proving Alana loves all characters, even if she's never seen them before, just dress up in a crazy costume and she's there), accumulate 20-ish free glowsticks, maybe doze off a little during the movie, and just have fun.

It was a pretty good time and summer night weather is perfect at this time of year. The grass gets nice and cool as the sun goes down, and its too early for mosquitoes to start bugging us.

And we do love us some "Cloudy Meatballs", as Alana calls it. I've probably seen that movie like 40 times since it came out on DVD, but its pretty good so I don't mind repeat viewings. Movie kind of made me hungry for a cheeseburger though. And some giant shrimp. And it made me want to do some "coolness enhancement" to all of my stuff.

Did I mention that it was free?



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

JoJo said...

I loved that book when I was a kid! And you always have the best pics! How did you get it to look all cool and collage style like that. I'm so jealous!

Amy and Luke said...

I happened upon your blog through someone else's, etc. I LOVE the way you write! I'm so fasicnated by people who can just capture the moment with words. My blog is much more boring and just stream of conciousness. In any case, your daughters are beautiful and I know I'll enjoy reading.

Amy and Luke said...

Thanks so much for the signature tutorial. I had tried a whole bunch of stuff and always ended up with some dumb blue border around mine, but this time it worked and was soo easy, guess it had something in the HTML it had been missing. Thanks again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails