Monday, May 3, 2010

So wait, which one am I?

Today I got called the wrong name. It wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last time. And I didn't even correct the person who did it. I never do.

Its not like my sister and I are identical twins. We look different. I have blond hair. She has brown. I am pale. Really pale. She is not. She is pregnant. I am not.

But somehow in my life I've been called Nicole about 1,000 times. Sometimes by the same person more than once.

In high school one of my parents friends called me Nicole for like two years. I guess I'm partly responsible for never speaking up.

At the halloween carnival in St. David this year I got called the wrong name twice and someone else I don't know waved at me liked she knew me. I'd never seen her before in my life. It wasn't that dark out.

I don't even bother to correct people anymore. I stopped caring a long time ago. At least they're confusing me with someone in my own family.

But seriously people. Learn my name already.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails