Thursday, April 8, 2010

My little Ava Jo

It would appear that Ava has the same seasonal allergies that Alana has. Around this time of year when the wind is high and so is the pollen count, they get some seriously watery eyes and a runny nose.

Even with these symptoms, Ava is as good natured as ever. She still crawls around and gets into stuff. She still dances and smiles and brightens our lives. So I thought I'd update everyone on what she's been up to lately.

Crawling. She has perfected her army crawl. She digs her toes into the floor and pulls herself along with her arms and gets to her destination of choice. She is pretty fast when she sees something she wants. No more leaving my water cup on the floor. She likes to crawl over to the toy basket and knock it over, then play with all of her toys.

Dancing. She really moves to the music. She sways back and forth when anyone sings. Alana will sing Twinkle Twinkle and Ava will sit on the floor and sway back and forth. Even if she's on her belly laying down, she still sways back and forth.

Professional sitting. She can sit without danger of tipping. I even feel confident enough to leave her sitting on the floor without sitting behind her. If I don't want her to move I sit her on the floor, because she hasn't quite mastered the sitting-to-crawling-to-sitting again transition. She just falls over if she wants to crawl away.

Finger foods. I've given her a few teething cookies, which she loved. And we gave her some baby cheetos, and yogurt puffs, which she really likes.

Cuteness. This is her main skill. She can always look sweet and innocent. She is a little charmer with her tooth stub and long eyelashes.

Holidays. She had her first Easter. So she's almost out of first holidays. All that's left is Memorial Day and 4th of July. I don't think they make a "Baby's First Memorial Day" bib. I should invent one.

She is my favorite Paco so far. The cutest sweetest most lovable lady I've made so far.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails