Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ready and waiting

Ever since we told Alana that we're going to Disneyland she has been really excited. Who wouldn't be excited to go to the happiest place on earth? The downside of telling her in advance is that she keeps asking when we're going to go. Since three year olds don't really have any concept of time explaining that we are going at the end of February is impossible. She keeps saying stuff like "Me go to bed then me wake up then we go to Disneyland!" That will eventually happen, but first she has to go to bed like 30 times.

David and I are just as excited and anxious to go on vacation as Alana. Ava doesn't know the difference yet since everyday is like vacation to her. We need a break from the monotony of 40 hour work weeks and doing the dishes (not that David ever does the dishes). One week without taking out the trash and trying to figure out what to cook for dinner would be nice. I don't mind actually cooking dinner, I kind of even maybe like to cook, but deciding what to have is a pain. I don't even bother asking David's opinion when planning meals cause all he ever says is "I don't know, what do you want?" That wasn't what I asked, I know what I want to eat, what do you want to eat. Not to mention one week away from folding stupid laundry would also be nice. Matching socks isn't really my idea of a good time.

So as soon as that refund hits our bank account the reservations will be made and we will be Disney bound. This will be the third year in a row that we go and we always say we aren't gonna go again next year, we're just gonna stay home or something. That definitely wasn't the case this year cause the idea of another vacation was just too appealing to pass up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails