Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I should come with a warning label

This is a public service announcement to anyone who might not know: pregnant women have a lot of hormones, you should regard them with caution. Do not just say whatever is on your mind to them, especially about their appearance, unless it is definitely a compliment. Comments that are neutral can be interpreted in various ways, and should be avoided. These include: You look tired. Are you done being pregnant yet? Your belly looks really low, are you sure of your due date? And there are things that some people find appropriate to say to pregnant women that are NEVER OKAY TO ASK. These include but are not limited to: How much weight have you gained/how much do you currently weigh? You are walking slower than usual. How many kids do you think you need to have? 

I would just like to state, for the record, that unless you are my doctor or my close friend who I am already having a conversation with about weight, don't ask me how much I weigh. Don't ever ask anyone how much they weigh. EVER. The only weight that should concern you is the baby's weight when it is born, and I don't really get the obsession with that number that much either. Unless the baby is like 10 lbs, cause then the mom deserves a trophy of some type. 

Honestly, my grouchiness level can go from zero to ten faster than you can imagine. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and I'm just not in the mood to put up with anything. I won't put up with anything. Think of my children and husband, who have to live with me, before you anger me. Do it for the children. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails