Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Don't Even Start with Me Today



Today she is 7. I honestly don't know how this happened. I'm still processing. I can't think about it without getting weepy. I think this will probably happen every year with her. She is my first baby, when she gets older my brain doesn't want to acknowledge it and the rest of me gets tired just thinking about it.

Today she had a birthday party with her friends from school, since its fall break and they're off. It took a tremendous amount of willpower on my part to not spend like $200 making it some crazy themed overly decorated Pinterest inspired party. I have to continue to tell myself that it doesn't matter. And you know what? None of the kids gave a crap about themes or perfect decorations or color coordinated stuff. They played tag and duck duck goose for over an hour, then they ate cupcakes and went on with their lives, happy just to play together. Don't get me wrong, I love Pinterest. I got the recipe for the cupcake frosting from Pinterest and it was amazing. I just don't have time for an elaborate party. Or money. But especially time. 

I have to take time to celebrate her, that's why we're having nachos for dinner. Because that's what she wants, and I loved her first so I will oblige. But I won't admit she's 7, you can't make me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails