Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Brand new information: sometimes I talk loud. I know, you're all surprised. I have a case of what is known in my family as "Kloos voice" and although I've tried to overcome it (sort of) I can't shake it. I talk loud and I'm okay with that. If I'm in a room with more than one member of my family my voice inexplicably gets louder, and louder, and louder. I talk loudly on the phone, I talk loudly in person, I talk loudly in some situations when I should be quiet. Its genetic, maybe I have no control over it.

I'm not even the loudest one in my family. My brother Josh is WAY louder than me, with little or no volume control. And my grandpa? He has ZERO volume control. He once loudly said (while watching the movie Erin Brockovich in the theater) "Her boobs aren't that big in real life!" So yeah, I come from a long line of loud people.

I think I passed my volume down to my children. Alana is loud, Ava is loud, and Witten yells like his life depends on it. Especially if he wants something. He just yells "Ahhh!" at you if you have food/drink/toys that he wishes to obtain. This is his more subtle way of communicating. Yesterday when he was thirsty he got a sippy cup from a kitchen drawer and threw it at me. He was thirsty I guess. Dangerously thirsty.

I can live with loud voices, I have my whole life. As long as I can manage to teach my kids to filter out what they say in their loud voices, then I think we'll be okay. As long as we can avoid boob size comments in public I'll be happy. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails