Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Thing About Politics

I must stay away from Facebook right now. Too many volatile status updates about the end of the world. Too much negativity. Too many sore losers. And on some level, I get it. I get the disappointment, but not the Oh my God they're gonna take my guns so I'm gonna move to Mexico! That'll solve everything! Mexico doesn't have any problems, that's totally why people from there are always trying to come here and find "a better life" cause Mexico is so awesome!

I get it. Your guy didn't win. You're mad. BUT THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT SO SUCK IT UP.

When it comes to politics in this small town I am a minority. I am, wait for it, a Democrat. Gasp! That is right. I am liberal. I am pro-choice, because although I don't think I could ever in a million years have an abortion, that isn't my decision to make for other people. Not my life, not my body, not my decision. Especially in the case of rape or incest. Men shouldn't even get an opinion on the subject of pregnancy caused by rape, I'm looking at you Todd Akin. I am for gay marriage, because I'm super liberal like that. Once again, not my life. Other people's marriages have no effect on me, what reason do I have to withhold the love/hate relationship that is marriage from other people. Also see: in-vitro fertilization, pell grants, child tax credit. All in my liberal agenda. And the thing about my opinion is that it is mine. You don't have to share it. I won't try to convince you otherwise. Believe what you will, unfriend or unfollow me if you want. But don't be so negative.

We are all a product of our environment. Nature vs nurture and all that jazz. My parents never discussed politics once in my childhood, but I somehow came out of it with this crazy mentality that everyone deserves the same opportunities in life.

No one is better than anyone else and I'm not here to say otherwise. Except that my baby is totally cuter than most, but that's not based on opinion, its fact. See:


If the shoe were on the other foot and the candidate that I didn't vote for had been elected, I know I would've been disappointed. But I wouldn't be making plans to move to Mexico. I'm way too white and my Spanish is horrible.

3 comments:

Clare said...

your baby made me squeeeee! he's adorable!!!!

CatDee said...

Ach i do love your blog !

Jennifer said...

Thanks! To both of you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails