Friday, October 19, 2012

Field Trippin'

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to wear a sweater or a scarf or boots during fall activities. What is fall like? I don't really know, since the mesquite trees in my backyard don't turn colors and its currently like 85 degrees outside.

Aren't you supposed to drink warm drinks and not sweat like a dog when you go to pick pumpkins? I'm pretty sure you are. But then again, I don't know.
At least when you go to the pumpkin patch for a field trip you get to spend time with lots of kindergarteners. Which is entertaining, even if you're all sweaty.
Most people don't stare into the blazing AZ sun on a "fall" field trip, but here we do. Does it feel like fall yet? I'm gonna go eat a pumpkin cookie so that it does.
Then I'm gonna pet a goat. That's kind of fall-ish.

Then I'll catch some sweet air on this jumping pillow, even if it causes me to sweat even more. Totally worth it though.
When you engage in "fall" activities in hot weather, your face gets red (like Alana) and you get all sweaty (like me).

If your day of fall fun needs a pick-me-up, pet a baby pig. Then squeal over its cuteness. I can't help but squeal over it a little bit right now, then think of its future as bacon. Mmm, bacon.

No field trip to a pumpkin patch would be complete without a trip to the top of a mountain of hay. I even climbed it, but as proof of my old age it made me nervous once I was up there. I had to get down. Then I was kind of jumpy on the wagon ride to the actual part where we picked a pumpkin. Alana picked the perfect pumpkin (not pictured, but seriously all pumpkins look the same people).

This sweaty fall field trip was brought to you by the AZ heat and the neverending quest that we all embark on each fall to pick our own produce. Do we even realize that they sell that stuff at the store?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails