Sunday, June 24, 2012

Everything is Better with M&Ms on it

I shared this picture on Facebook so now I must share the recipe. It would be rude of me not to, because these are so good. Its one part saltiness, one part marshmallow, and of course what dessert is not improved by adding mini M&Ms. If I could I'd share the actual cookies with people because at this point I've eaten way too many. I'm not especially concerned with the weight gain because I'm having a baby next week so what damage could I do at this point. So make these. You won't even dirty a bowl. And they're worth it.

M&M S'mores Bars

12 graham crackers
3/4 cup butter (real butter, don't use margarine, yuck)
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 (ish) cups of mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups (approximately) of M&Ms or mini M&Ms

Preheat oven to 350. Line 15x10 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Line your graham crackers up on your cookie sheet with the sides touching. Melt the butter and brown sugar till smooth and just boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over the crackers and spread out evenly. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with marshmallows. I usually don't measure them, I just sprinkle them where I need them in a single layer and try not to leave any gaps. I don't know if this is more or less than the 4 cups in the recipe, but its not the whole bag. Bake for 2-3 more minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the M&Ms. Again I don't measure, because you can put as many or as few on there as you want. And I like to use mini M&Ms because they cover a bigger surface area and you don't use as many. Plus I like the mini ones better. Let the bars cool and eat them.

Recipe originally from Betty Crocker


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails