Monday, May 9, 2011

Culinary Fidelity

In my marriage I do not care if my husband thinks other girls are hot. I'm a realistic adult, I know there are other pretty girls in the world. He is free to admire from afar as much as he wants. I'm not the jealous type. Maybe high school Jennifer was jealous, but married with two kids Jennifer doesn't bother.

I also know one thing to be true in my life: The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

I may not get jealous of other girl's looks, but there is one solid rule I need to maintain in my marriage. David is not allowed to like other people's cooking more than he likes mine. Even if he does, he can never admit to it. Never.

If he casually mentions that he had a cinnamon roll at work, I need details. Who made it? Was it good? What kind of frosting? And the all important question: Was it better than mine? The answer had better be no, followed by some criticism of the other cinnamon roll.

I am secure in my cooking abilities, but that doesn't mean I need unnecessary competition. In order to preserve the small bit of sanity I have left, David has to say that my cooking is better. That's all it takes. Easy enough right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails