Sunday, May 16, 2010

There's a first time for everything

Wednesday I was cleaning someone else's house. You could call it my "job".

This person has a deer head hanging on the wall. It frightens me. I feel like its looking at me.


I noticed that there were a few spider webs between its horns. I don't think they're called horns.

So I went and got the swiffer duster and dusted the stuffed dear hanging from her wall. Definitely something I've never done before.

While I was dusting it I couldn't help but wonder if he had a name. It seems to me that if I had a deer hanging in my living room watching me while I watched TV, I would want him to have a name.

Nothing fancy. Don't want him getting a big ego. Something simple maybe. Like Bob. Or Bill. Probably Buck.

Buck seems like the most appropriate name to me. So if I had a deer head hanging in my living room, I would name him Buck. And I would tell him my secrets. Cause who is he gonna tell?


5 comments:

Kelly and Sara said...

So funny. I went over to one of our neighbors houses one time and they had all kinds of crazy African animals stuffed and I didn't really know what to think of it. I don't think I could ever turn the lights off, haha!

Hope your having a great weekend! Just found your blog, check out ours when you have time:

http://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/

Kerri said...

Those things creep me out too. I would never want a stuffed, dead animal hanging in my home, but that's just me.

PS- They're antlers. ;)

Kathy Kloos said...

Um, they're called antlers

Sadako said...

Yup, they're antlers.

I would be scared, too, if I saw one. I'd also be kind of tempted to pet it and ask if it wants its body back.

Mama Mandolin said...

LOL! I always think they're looking at me or will blink or something. I'm from the midwest and there's lots of deer hunting there! My friend had one in her basement and when we had sleepovers I'd wake up and it'd freak me out just staring at me in the dark. Weird.

I think his name should be Kyle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails