Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Torture my kids week

Today is day 2 of torture my kids week. Don't know how I'm going to follow the dentist and shots but I'm sure I'll think of something. ;) Yesterday Alana had her first ever dentist appointment and I had a gut feeling it wouldn't go well. I was right. She is so stubborn she hardly lets me brush her teeth so she has some pretty obvious cavities on her top molars. When we got there she was fine. I had brought some toy story toys for her to play with and Barbie and the 3 musketeers was on the TV in the waiting room. When they called us back she sat in the chair for like 30 seconds and then started crying. No one had even touched her teeth yet. She wouldn't get back in the chair, which I thought was crazy cause they had TVs on the ceiling. That is the most awesome idea ever. I wish they had that when I was a kid. She wouldn't let the hygienist take xrays and I had to hold her down for the dentist to even look in her mouth. Thats all he did. Looked in her mouth with the little mirror thing. She was crying hysterically. Then they declared Alana too stubborn to go to the dentist under normal circumstances. They have to gas her. They call it conscious sedation. If only she would cooperate just a little. I guess then she wouldn't be Alana.

This morning I had to take my sweet little Ava to get shots. I personally think that shots are just as traumatic for the mother as for the baby. At least the baby forgets about them. I will always have the memory of the nurse stabbing my poor sweet unsuspecting baby in the leg 3 times while I could do nothing but hold her. She didn't even cry until the second shot. Thats how different my girls personalities are. Alana cries when the dentist looks at her, Ava doesn't cry when she gets shots until the second one. It was like she was willing to forgive the first one, but after the second her feelings were hurt and she couldn't believe they were doing that to her again. Why? What did she ever do to them? When I put her back in her carseat she just had one big fat crocodile tear at the corner of her eye. My poor little lady. :(

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails